BUTTER CHICKEN CURRY MASALA
Origin of this authentic dish
Butter Chicken was born in a city called Peshawar about twenty years before India gained independence from British Raj. A man called Mokha Singh owned a small restaurant called “Mukhey Da Dhabba”. After his health started deteriorating he sold his business to his employee Kundan Gujral.
Being an innovative businessman, Gujral realized that the unsold chicken hanging on skewers would eventually run dry if it sits there. He came out with a simple idea. He created a gravy of tomatoes, butter, cream and some spices to marinate the leftover dried chicken and that is how “butter chicken” was born. After the partition Gujral moved to New Delhi and opened an eating joint called Moti Mahal (Palace of beads). The original recipe has since then been improvised indefinite times and also the name of the restaurant replicated. With the lost originality, the versions of Butter Chicken recipes found now days are a way too sweet or too hot.
* Leena spices gluten free Butter Chicken Curry Masala Spice contains no flour, additives, preservatives, chilli, salt, sugar, colouring or any other dilution. This makes it last longer as compared to other adulterated spices
* It is a dry powder blend that matches the delicious taste of the original butter chicken masala recipe. All the herbs are machine ground, then carefully measured, blended and seasoned in exactly the right proportion. This makes Leena Spices Butter Chicken Masala pure and highest quality authentic seasoning.
* Packed in superior quality and re sealable pack, no need to worry about the freshness. These are easy to open, use and seal back again.It comes with an easy to cook recipe at the back.
Cook the restaurant quality unique flavoured dishes at home. Butter Chicken Curry Masala Spice is a must addition to your pantry.
100% MONEY BACK LEENA SPICES MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE - All Our Seasonings Are PREMIUM PRODUCTS OF NEW ZEALAND. We have thousands of regular customers. We are so much confident of our best selling Butter Chicken Curry Masala Spice that if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply let us know and we will give you a no questions asked full refund. Enjoy your absolutely RISK FREE purchase today.
Ingredients of Leena Butter Chicken Spice: Bay Leaf, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Garlic, Ginger, Nutmeg, Paprika and Turmeric.
How to make butter chicken curry masala
Butter chicken curry masala ingredients
500g Boneless Chicken (cut into cubes), 1 Onion (finely chopped), 2 tsp Leena Butter Chicken Curry Masala, 150g Tomato Paste, 1 cup Water, 300ml Cream (or Evaporated Milk), 50g ground Almonds and Cashew Nuts (optional), ¼ cup Butter or Margarine, ¼ tsp honey, ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (to taste), and salt to taste.
Butter Chicken Recipe Step by Step
1) Melt butter in frying pan on medium-high heat.
2) Add chicken pieces and fry for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is brown. Remove and keep aside.
3) Add chopped onions to the remaining butter and sauté for 5-7 minutes until light brown.
4) Add chicken pieces to onions and stir for 2 minutes.
5) Add Leena Butter Chicken Curry Masala Spices, salt, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, ground nuts, and water.
6) Cover and cook until the chicken is tender.
7) Add cream or evaporated milk and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the gravy is thick.
8) Add honey and mix well. Garnish with coriander. Serve with rice, naan or pita.
Watch the recipe video
A lovely blend of spices for a perfect meal.
My order was for Butter Chicken and for Rendang. The order on the website was charged but not delivered. I contacted Leena directly and she kindly arranged for the order to be resent.
First Butter Chicken Mix that all my grandchildren love. Definitely a winner when all the family are happy. This spice blend is a keeper in my pantry.
My dal was so delicious, I eat it everyday so will place an order for a bigger packet. The kids said the butter chicken was so good, better than any other sauces we have tried.
He ate this then asked, when i was making it again!. It was tasty- and it was nice to be able to add a bit of chilli to mine.